[lug] YUM

Shannon Johnston sjohnston at cavionplus.com
Fri Jul 23 10:27:33 MDT 2004

You may be on to something Matt. I've been fiddling with this for a
while. I created a custom installation, a custom yum repository and
custom rpms (including the 2 in question ntp and openssl).
The only difference in my ntp rpm and the one that came with FC2 is the
ntp.conf file. It has been customized to include my ntp server.

The openssl rpm is the same except it's updated with openssl-0.9.7d to
address a DoS vulnerability that exists in previous versions.

I probably should have mentioned all this earlier.

I'm just wondering why yum can't find libcrypto.so.4 when it's present
on my system.

Shannon

--
Shannon Johnston <sjohnston at cavionplus.com>