[lug] YUM

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat Jul 24 20:47:50 MDT 2004

Shannon Johnston wrote:

> Does anyone know where yum looks for libraries? When attempting a yum
> install ntp I get the following error:
>
> Resolving dependencies
> ....Unable to satisfy dependencies
> Package ntp needs libcrypto.so.4, this is not available.
>
> Yet I can find it:
> [root at localhost headers]# locate libcrypto.so.4
> /lib/libcrypto.so.4

I don't think YUM is looking for your libcrypto.so.4.  It wants to know
that the libcrypto.so.4 RPM is installed and it is probably looking in
the RPM database, not at actual files on the system.  So you built your
own openssl RPM and got libcrypto from that--you don't have a libcrypto
RPM installed.

Seems like you need to change the dependencies in your ntp RPM.

HTH,
Dave