[lug] OT: Qwest, DSL and speeds.

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Jul 27 19:05:27 MDT 2004

John Hernandez wrote:

> Yes, too sweet to last apparently.  My $9/mo minimalist Qwest ISP
> service (just a pipe w/o a b/w cap) just jumped up by $3 this month.

$9?  It was $7 and jumped to $10 (on Aug 15th).  (I have to pay for a
static IP too, because too many people block mail from dynamic IPs.)

But they've added nationwide dial-up for the $3.  Can't say that it's
worth it to me but it might be nice considering my work dial-up is a)
26k, and b) goes out on me too much (and c) is long distance even though
work pays).

Still, having a dial-up backup for DSL will be handy sometimes (I wonder
if they'll assign my dial-up the same IP as my DSL (making it useless)
the way a now defunct ISP used to).

Dang, too many parenthesis in this message.

Dave