[lug] [OT] DSL without a phone line?

Michael Belanger mrb at ciclops.org
Tue Jul 27 22:12:13 MDT 2004

I am using Qwest DSL for $16 per month without an ISP.  I just found an
email host for $29 a *year* for email access.. For an extra $6 with
qwest, you can get a static IP and access to their SMTP relaying service.

The phone package basically raises the cost to about $35 per month or
so, but if you want it without the POTS line, it costs nearly the same.
The POTS connection is necessary for DSL to work -- whether you use it
or not, they need to hook the line up.