[lug] Cheap Old Memory

Matt Thompson thompsma at colorado.edu
Fri Jul 30 10:19:45 MDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 10:15, Zan Lynx wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 10:07, Matt Thompson wrote:
> > Folks, I was wondering if anyone in the group knew of a good place
> > (real/virtual) to get cheap old memory.  Now, I'm talking PC100 (256 MB
> > SIMMs) which right now is horrifically expensive to buy retail.
> >

> > Matt
>
> PC100?  Too bad, I was hoping I'd found someone to take my old baggie of
> 256MB of 60ns EDO. :-)

Well, if I still used my old P90, I could probably use it.  I think that
took EDO memory.

Heck, I have a stick of PC700 RDRAM and a continuity RIMM I keep hoping
will be worth something.  Of course, that stuff is dirt cheap as well.
I remember when I put 512 of PC800 in my Dell it cost like $200+, now
it'd be $60 or so.  Sigh...

Matt
--
Learning just means you were wrong and they were right. - Aram
   Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/