[lug] Cannot tunnel through SSH all of a sudden

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Mon Aug 2 15:30:05 MDT 2004

I have been using SSH to tunnel from work through to my Squid server at
home.  Until recently, it worked like a charm, but now when I configure
browser to point to the proxy, it just hangs (the browser appears to
keep trying to get the resource, but it never seems to).  Also, from the
squid logs, the request doesn't seem to actually make it to the proxy
server.

I don't remember making any config changes to either SSH or Squid.  I
can SSH from the Internet just fine, and I can access Squid from within
my LAN.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dhruva