[lug] adding a device to existing RAID 0

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Aug 5 18:12:57 MDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 08:01:24AM -0600, jef at petrafex.com wrote:
>after reading & googling all over the place I'm still uncertain that what I want
>to do will work. basically I have a 2 device RAID-0 with existing data on it.

You can't do that with a RAID-0 device without building the whole array.
Next time you may wish to consider using "linear" instead of "raid0", or
using LVM.

Sean
--
 The body is AMAZING!  Cut your hand, and a few days later you can't even
 tell.  What's wrong with the brain though?  I'm still pissed at my parents...