[lug] Force umount

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Mon Aug 9 14:15:42 MDT 2004

The most reliable way is to reboot.

However, I would first check to see that there are no processes with
files open on the share (lsof|grep "sharename").  If there are, I'd go
through the kill cycle (-HUP, -TERM, -KILL) on those pids.  Once there
is nothing using the share, then try umount once and then use umount -f
to force the unmounting of the share.

HTH,

Hugh