[lug] Free faq systems with postgresql backends

Andrew Diederich diederic at boulder.net
Tue Aug 10 13:42:57 MDT 2004

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Andrew Diederich wrote:

> I'm looking for a web faq / knowledgebase system that uses postgresql as a
> backend.

Answering my own post.  There are a few with postres (or file) backends
but there is usually not a lot of data on them.  For some reason the
FAQ/knowledgebase apps tend not to register with Freshmeat or sourceforge.

PhpMyFaq is looking to add postgresql support Real Soon Now, maybe in
1.4.1.  http://forum.phpmyfaq.de/viewtopic.php?t=986

Here are some others I found, in no particular order.  Some are really
sketchy in what they do, but I think they have FAQ components.

EGS http://egs.sourceforge.net/
F2W http://f2w.sourceforge.net/
FAQMaker http://www.cgi-bin.com/cgi-bin/jump2.cgi?ID=2898