[lug] DSL in the area

Neil Doane caine at antediluvian.org
Thu Aug 12 16:34:51 MDT 2004

After some fun experiences with Comcast technical "support", I've been
thinking of going to a "dry" DSL solution for home, dropping both
Comcast internet and Qwest local phone service altogether and moving to a VoIP
setup through Vonage service.  Has anyone on-list done this sort of thing?
What kind of caveats should I be aware of?  Qwest offers a stand-alone DSL
service for apparently $49.99, which is like twice the cost of thier DSL
service when you have their phone service (half the service at twice the
price, gotta love that) and Speakeasy has it offered for $55/month, are
there any other alternatives for dryline DSL around?  Any other noteworthy
alternatives for broadband of a high-enough quality I could do VoIP on?

Neil