[lug] DSL in the area

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Aug 12 17:56:04 MDT 2004

On Aug 12, 2004, at 5:17 PM, Paul E Condon wrote:
> If you are in eastern Boulder County (nearer I25), you might look into
> Mesanetworks. (www.mesanetworks.net) They offer fixed wireless
> broadband
> for $44 per mo.

And if you're south, near Conifer/Evergreen area - WisperTel covers
that area and parts of Genesse/West JeffCo with similar services.
(www.wispertel.net)

The fixed wireless guys are slowly figuring out how to kick the butts
of the wired folks I think -- good old fashioned customer service and a
real honest-to-goodness Internet connection.  Kinda nice...

(Disclaimer: I'm on Qwest DSL/ATM transport to FRII as the ISP and love
it.  Giving money to local companies that both have a clue and also
deserve it for quality service is one of the pleasures of life in
Colorado -- and Qwest doesn't deserve my money, but there's no
broadband solution where I live that would keep me fully on local
company's networks, so this is a trade-off.  I'm trying to find out if
there's a reliable VoIP company that's local... sending my money to
Vonage while "okay" means it's going to New Jersey, and I'd rather send
it to Colorado, but I don't know of any VoIP Residential folks here
locally yet... anyone know one?)

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com