[lug] Two NICs, one IP

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Aug 19 11:51:00 MDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 10:01:24AM -0600, Daniel Webb wrote:
>I noticed around 2 years ago there was some real flakeyness, and I lost
>some data on the version then, but since that time, it has been very
>solid.  I'm glad to hear other success stories.

Before our firsst deployment I ran serious testing on it as well as the
other competitors (such as enbd, InterMezzio, etc) and found that drbd
was the "best".  I've had no corruption or data loss problems with it in
production.

>By the way, are you using drbd on ext2 or ext3 (or other) filesystems?  I

ext3.  I've been seeing some data corruption problems with ext3, but I
can't reproduce them with a test process I built.  One system where I
store md5sums of all the files in an archive directory was seeing
corruption of the filesystem or files in it once to twice a week with
ext3.  Since switching to JFS on that box, there have been no problems.

Sean
--
 "I'll thrash you like a Netscape process on a machine with 640K."
                 -- John Shipman, 1998