[lug] Dual Boot Redhat 8 / Redhat Enterprise

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Aug 23 18:49:50 MDT 2004

Gordon Golding wrote:
[...]
> The Servers arrive with Redhat Enterprise; we wipe and load Redhat 8.
> Could I set it up to Dual Boot? And load Redhat 8.0 along with Enterprise?
> Then bring it up on Enterprise, copy the software directly from the DVD or harddrive, then reboot to 8?
>
> Am I mad?

You wipe something you had to pay for so you can install something that
isn't supported yet?  Sounds mad to me.  I suppose there might be sound
reasons for doing something like that (though all that I've heard before
involved proprietary software and that's surely mad).

But not as mad as say, someone who hires 2 FTEs to compile RHEL from
source so they don't have to pay for it.

Dave