[lug] Determining Kernel Config

Fred Robinson fred.robinson at sipfusion.com
Wed Aug 25 13:07:45 MDT 2004

I'm working with a Red Hat implementation, kernel version 2.4.21-15.  I
need to build another box that is identical to this one.  Can I copy the
running kernel to use in the new box I'm building?  I'm concerned about
additional packages/RPM that may have been installed, is there a way to
know what packages/RPM's are installed so they may be installed when I
build a new machine?  Can somebody give me some guidance on the best
approach to "clone" the machine I'm working on to new newly built machine?

Thanks,
Fred Robinson
Solutions Architect
3Com Corporation