[lug] Exchange server without IMAP?

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Mon Aug 30 11:14:47 MDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 11:02:37AM -0600, David Morris wrote:
> The company I work for in all its *abundant* stupidity has
> decided to disable IMAP access to their email server.
>
> I need to find a way, if possible, to access their exchange
> server without using IMAP.  I would prefer a solution that
> reads messages directly on the server, but would not mind a
> downloading messages if that is what it would take to keep
> using a Linux mail client.

Not really an ara where i have a lot of knowlege or experience
but doesn't MSXchange use WebDAV as an access protocol?

'WebDAV - Next-Generation Collaborative Web Authoring' by Lisa
Dusseault talks a bit about this (there seems to be documentation
by Ms available online). According to this source there also must
exist 'Outlook --Web Access (OWA)', from what i understand that product
shipped  with Exchange 2000. Maybe you can ask the Admin to compensate
for his/her *abundant* stupidity by activating this beast :-)

 Feeling with you

   Ralf Mattes