[lug] Exchange server without IMAP?

David Morris lists at morris-clan.net
Mon Aug 30 11:41:14 MDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 11:31:04AM -0600, dan radom wrote:

> My bad.  It seems fetchmail doesn't do exchange, but can do excahange
> type auth (NTLM) when using IMAP.

I didn't *think* fetchmail had made that drastic a change
recently.

Our exchange server does have web email enabled, but I have
two reasons to not use it:  No web browser available a lot
of the time and a need for FAR more email filtering/sorting
than outlook or web email can handle.

I might look into Ximian, but it sounds like there again
I'll run into the same problem of not having it available
when I need it (with Mutt I can just SSH into a machine and
start it up even if a GUI is not available because of a slow
connection or no X environment).

Wonder if I could use the Ximian code to write my own
Exchange server access program........

--David