[lug] Debian Woody and NFS Version 3

Paul E Condon pecondon at mesanetworks.net
Mon Aug 30 21:25:40 MDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 07:14:31PM -0600, Ferdinand Schmid wrote:
> HI,
>
> Is it possible to upgrade to NFS (client) version 3 on a Debian Woody
> (stable) version? So far my research didn't show a way to do it.  I tried
> to upgrade the nfs-common package without luck - but then I don't know
> Debian very well.  My attempts may have failed due to a simple error.
>
> The reason I want to do this is to take advantage of gigabit Ethernet
> tuning with nfs connections.
>
> Thanks,
> Ferdinand

The only version that I see in the repository that I use is 1:1.0.6-3
Seems strange as I think I'm monitoring stable, testing, and unstable
and there's no sign of a version 3.

But I only look at 'official' sites. You might google for an unofficial
site, like the nfs developers go ahead and package their latest
version because they can't wait for debian to do it.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon at mesanetworks.net