[lug] GPL and Code Re-use?

Mike Stanczyk stanczyk at pcisys.net
Tue Aug 31 10:18:28 MDT 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, David Morris wrote:

> Related to all this, anyone know of a good guide to
> open-source licensing (not in lawyer-speak)?  I haven't had
> to deal much with licensing in the past, but I will in the
> near future....
>
> --David

I won't claim how good they are but I would start by looking at:

Open Source Licensing : Software Freedom and Intellectual Property Law
by Lawrence Rosen

Understanding Open Source and Free Software Licensing
by Andrew M. St. Laurent

search: licensing "open source" at amazon.com

I *think* Mr. Rosen is here in Denver but don't quote me on that.

Mike