[lug] Quick Fix for PHP/MySQL Undefined Function Problem?

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Tue Aug 31 11:02:46 MDT 2004

I've got two RedHat boxes set up as web servers both with PHP and MySQL
running on them. One's a test machine, and the other is my production
server. However, on that one I can't get the PHP db functions to work via
the web. I get, for example, "Fatal error: Call to undefined function:
mysql_pconnect()" On the test machine, I must have configured it
correctly, and this works fine. But I don't remember what I did
differently. I'm using Apache 2.0, MySQL 4.0.20 and PHP 4.2.2, so
everything should be compatible.

I may have some misguided belief that all I need to do is copy some
function library from one machine to the other, change a configuration
file slightly, and everything will work. Could it be this simple, and if
so, what file(s) do I need to copy?

- Bill Thoen