[lug] Quick Fix for PHP/MySQL Undefined Function Problem?

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Tue Aug 31 11:17:04 MDT 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Jeff Schroeder wrote:

> That's an internal PHP function you're trying to call, and apparently
> it's not there on your production server.  Are you sure you have
> identical versions of PHP on both servers?  From your description it
> sounds like the test server's PHP has the MySQL functions in it, and
> the production one doesn't.

Calling phpinfo(), the PHP versions are the same. However, I forgot to
mention that I built PHP and MySQL from source, and I may have doen
something different in the switches. I remember I had a lot of trouble
getting compatible versions of Apache and PHP between the machines because
of all the differences with Apache 2.0.

> A possible solution would be to copy libphp4.so from the test server to
> the production one.  I'm not sure that'll solve it, but I suspect
> that's where the MySQL functionality lives.

I have that one on both machines in /usr/lib/httpd/modules/.

- Bill