[lug] Kerberos + PAM (or SSH)

Shannon Johnston sjohnston at cavionplus.com
Tue Aug 31 17:13:02 MDT 2004

I've been working non-stop for several days to implement Kerberos on a
segment of my network and have had "almost" complete success.

At this moment, all kerberized services work (telnet, ftp, rlogin, etc)
but I'm still unsuccessful at getting openssh to work.

Does anybody have any experience with this?

I've tried two different approaches:
1.) The kerberos options within openssh.
2.) Using pam_krb5.

I haven't had much success with either approach. Although it seems like
the pam_krb5 approach produces a bit more output, including:
Aug 31 16:44:38 l3a sshd[26790]: pam_krb5[26790]: error resolving user
name 'sjohnston' to uid/gid pair
Aug 31 16:44:38 l3a sshd[26790]: pam_krb5[26790]: error getting
information about 'sjohnston'

Any hints, tips or references?
--
Shannon Johnston <sjohnston at cavionplus.com>