[lug] Sysadmin Job

Jeff St. Pierre jasp2 at colorado.edu
Wed Sep 1 21:04:03 MDT 2004

Hey All,

CCAR on the University of Colorado Campus is looking for a Sys-Admin.  I
vacated the position and they had a promising candidate from Texas, but
he bailed at the last minute.  I'm in Quebec now, but still doing work
remotely for two more weeks at least... after that they need someone
with experience managing a UnixéLinux Network and all the services.

What is the basics of the network you ask?

Two Relion 240's from Penguin Computing, running RH ES3.  About 27
client RH AS3 systems, one E450 running Solaris 8, 4 other Sun Ultras
running Solaris 8, about 15 Windows boxes.  Two Class C subnets, 80
users or so, a couple Terabytes of project space. a couple other odds
and end servers.

The position open is Head Sys-Admin.  You would manage at least one
part-timer helping you and perhaps another during the school year.

Pay is decent, people are nice, flexible schedule, and you are on campus
for all the benefits.... Rec Center, 6 free credit hours per year,
sleeping on the lawn at lunch.

If interested, contact me off-list at newrg1999-utility at yahoo.com

Thanks,

Jeff