[lug] Wireless problems

Jason Davis mohadib at openactive.org
Fri Sep 3 09:25:00 MDT 2004

Hello,
 I am running Knoppix 3.4 on a p3 thinkpad. I have a HP Orinoco based
wifi card. I can boot knoppix and my card is detected just fine and the
needed modules are loaded. Everything works fine. Then after a couple of
hours.... the card (or something else) starts acting flaky. The light on
the card that is generally on goes off. However the card still shows up
in ifconfig and iwconfig. Restarting the card manager helps sometimes.

I don't know if its important, but i have a 19dbi directional antenna
hooked to the card.

Any ideas why I am having inconsistent card performance?

Thanks,
jd