[lug] Wireless problems

root mohadib at openactive.org
Sat Sep 4 09:47:35 MDT 2004

> I'd try to find a way to get knoppix to log to /var/log/messages (or
> somewhere else) and see what you can turn up there.  I had problems with
> a netgear card under rh8 because of driver problems (uses the orinoco_cs
> driver).  It's been happy under rh9 and debian sarge and suse 9.1
> though.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Hugh

thanks Hugh.
 I'm now pretty sure the problem is hardware related. I tried the card
in different laptops , all running Debian or knoppix... the problem
was consistent across all the laptops. So, I now have a POE wireless
bridge hooked to my antenna. Wireless in , ethernet out. Now I'm getting
a very stable connection.

thanks,
jd