[lug] Linux sound or lack thereof

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Thu Sep 9 20:48:22 MDT 2004

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, David Anselmi wrote:

> Daniel Webb wrote:
> [...]
> > All I want to do is capture whatever is coming out of XMMS and send it to
> > icecast.
>
> IIRC there is an icecast plugin for XMMS.  LiveICE, maybe?  So maybe you
> don't have to fool with the rest.

I hadn't even found that, but not surprisingly, it doesn't work either.
Well, off to the bug reports again.

<20 minutes later>

As with most sound packages on Linux, this one doesn't look like it's even
worth spending the time to file bug reports.  Segfaults, broken code,
unimplimented patches.  The usual.

I think using the raw ALSA devices and writing my own scripts may be the
best way to go.  Well, that seems to be the only thing I haven't tried
anyhow.

Daniel