[lug] Jafo's writeup on Spam filtering and BLUG archives

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Mon Sep 13 17:45:31 MDT 2004

I use bogofilter (http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/), and it screens around
350 received spams down to about 3 per day, with 0 false positives.

My version of bogo filter is 10 months old. I mention this for two reasons.
One, is with rule based systems you have to constantly update. The second
reason is to show that it's pretty much a maintenance free system. The only
thing I have to do is move misfiled spams into a "Misfiled Spam" folder.
When performing initial training you do need a spam corpus of around a
thousand messages.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/