[lug] x2x on KRUD/FC2

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Tue Sep 14 14:04:14 MDT 2004

D. Stimits wrote:
> I finally got cd's working and got an install of KRUD based on Fedora
> Core 2. It is up and I am running KDE. I have networking up as well. Now
> I am trying to get x2x working, which lets me share mouse and keyboard
> across machines. It's simply a remote display type app. I am also trying
> a simple test of konsole --display remotemachine:0.0, which is also
> failing. Turning off firewalling does not help. xhost +remotemachine
> says it accepts the other machine, but still does nothing to help. Did
> the newer Xorg server change things to where xhost no longer works? Did
> the newer Xorg server remove remote UDP and TCP without some magical
> incantations? I really need to display from one machine onto another or
> else it is useless to me. Seeing as I am the only one using it and it is
> behind a firewall, I want to just allow all remote X11 apps to be
> allowed from my first machine to my 2nd machine. Suggestions? Checklists?
>
> D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net

At this point I've determined that the X11 server is not listening to
tcp at all. Netstat and other commands show the port is not even
listening. Now according to the X11 info the -nolisten option would have
to be set to do this. However, going through the files and looking for
nolisten options, I do not see anything set to tell it to DisallowTCP.
Nor do I find a command to force tcp on. Anyone here familiar with the
Xorg options that might be able to suggest a way to force tcp on?

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net