[lug] Timing Out on large Internet copies

Gordon Golding gordongoldin at netscape.net
Wed Sep 15 15:34:48 MDT 2004

We have remote servers.  We want to back up some data.

We are using the SSH window from a PC to copy files off the servers across the Internet.

Our network and the servers remote networks are fast, but the copy always times out - it's some hours worth.

Any thoughts on causes?  Are there settings in Secure Shell?  Settings on the Servers?  I'm used to unused connections timing out after an hour, but not active ones.
--
Gordon Golding
aka Golding the Younger DH70
gordongoldin at netscape.net