[lug] RPM lockup...temp files?

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Thu Sep 16 18:14:49 MDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 12:03, D. Stimits wrote:
> I had KRUD/FC2 seg fault trying to install an rpm. Then on next attempt,
> it locked up completely. All rpm commands now lock up, including simple
> listings, or any attempt to --rebuilddb. Should I now try initdb? Or
> should I try to delete temp files? If so, which files?

I think that I remember how this should go.  Here's my plan of attack:
First make sure all instances of RPM are truly dead.
Then go to /var/lib/rpm.
Run fuser -v * to make really sure nothing is using those files.
Remove any files that have two underscores at the beginning of their
names.
Now run rpm --rebuilddb