[lug] firefox under debian sarge

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Sat Sep 25 11:55:40 MDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 20:09, Jason Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 16:53, Hugh Brown wrote:
> > I updated firefox yesterday to the latest on sarge (0.9.3) and it is
> > having some issues.  All of the extensions that I had loaded were
> > disabled (it said as much), but efforts to re-enable them have failed.
> > My bookmark toolbar disappeared.  I have an empty sidebar that I can't
> > close.  When I start up the profile manager and try to remove the
> > profile, firefox segfaults.  If I move the .firefox dir out of the way
> > (after making sure that no process running is using it), firefox claims
> > that the profile is in use (even though the dir doesn't exist).
> >
> > My question: has anyone else had problems?
>

> My profile for firefox is located in ~/.mozilla/firefox ... I dont think
> the newer firfox uses .firefox
>
> hth,
> jd

The debian version used .firefox up through 0.8.  The 0.9.3 version
switched to using ~/.mozilla/firefox but put a link to the old profile
in profile.ini. Unfortunately, the old profile didn't get along with the
new firefox at all.  I ended up creating a new profile and copying the
old bookmarks.html file into it and then re-installing the extensions I
had from before.

Hugh