[lug] KDE responsiveness in FC2/KRUD

Warren Sanders warren at sandersonline.org
Wed Sep 29 09:47:27 MDT 2004

Alan Robertson wrote:

> I see similar problems when running on my AMD-64 - where (32-bit)
> Mozilla in particular blocks for a very long time - no CPU usage.
> Sometimes the blockage is a few seconds, sometimes more.  I'm running
> SUSE 9.1 with their 2.6.5-7.108-default kernel for the x86_64
> architecture.
>
> Where it shows up is that I can't select text until this unblocks,
> then all is well again.

I don't use KRUD, but am experiencing the same behavior on my AMD-64
running FC2 using kernel-2.6.7-1.494.2.2 still; 2.6.8 series is not
recommended with the K3B application.  Mozilla 1.7.3-0.2.0.  I have
noticed a major problem with several minutes of kpanel freeze with the
use of more than two OpenOffice.org documents open at a time.  I had to
use hot keys to move between apps. as the panel was running very very
slow.

I know I'm not helping much by my adding to this problem here,
especially having not gone to bugzilla with this info, but I'm on my way...

--
Warren Sanders
Family Photo Galleries