[lug] isolinux splash screen

Joey McDonald jmcdice at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 14:47:15 MDT 2004

I've done this and it's pretty easy. Here's the tutorial I used:

http://wings.buffalo.edu/computing/ublinux/HOWTO-editboot.html

Note that you can edit the ppm using the GIMP. I noticed that if you
imported an image on top of the ppm or did anything other than use the
built in spraypaint-like tools, your splash image would get all
distorted when displayed on bootup. Also, it's easier to write out a
quick floppy disk image rather than build the ISO and burn that to CD,
so you can quickly boot off a floppy and see what it looks like.

        --Joey