[lug] isolinux splash screen

hugh at math.byu.edu hugh at math.byu.edu
Wed Sep 29 15:11:56 MDT 2004

> I've done this and it's pretty easy. Here's the tutorial I used:
>
> http://wings.buffalo.edu/computing/ublinux/HOWTO-editboot.html
>
> Note that you can edit the ppm using the GIMP. I noticed that if you
> imported an image on top of the ppm or did anything other than use the
> built in spraypaint-like tools, your splash image would get all
> distorted when displayed on bootup. Also, it's easier to write out a
> quick floppy disk image rather than build the ISO and burn that to CD,
> so you can quickly boot off a floppy and see what it looks like.
>
>         --Joey

I've played around with this and had things not display correctly on a
Mini-ITX Via motherboard with onboard video (it was an older model
motherboard and it displays correctly on current versions of the board).
My point: sometimes you do the right thing with the image but the
motherboard isn't to spec.

Hugh