[lug] What Development Environments, Debuggers, also Documentation

Zulaware zulaware at comcast.net
Thu Sep 30 14:33:35 MDT 2004

FYI: I started using NetBeans but switched to Eclipse because NetBeans
will most likely be phased out, though this is not at all certain.
Eclipse has broken from IBM (which originated it, even naming it
"Eclipse" as a description of what it would do to NetBeans) and Sun
(NetBeans originator) is supposedly endorsing Eclipse now, presumably
because they have enough to worry about and Eclipse is getting more and
more popular. Of course, this is the subject of many heated debates and
conflicting information, and of course, NetBeans will probably never
disappear. Both are excellent ad both have huge developer support and
tons of add-ons, docs, etc. So my advice, if you were to take the big
IDE route would be to try 'em both and see which one moves you.

My $0.02

--M