[lug] Who sells good Linux computers?

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Fri Oct 1 13:19:46 MDT 2004

Pre-loaded with Linux or not - their support is horrible if you purchase as a lonely end
user.  I can't tell you how many hours I have spent on the telephone with those guys for
computers that were purchased through their "Home" division.  Calls get routed to India,
support staff have never seen the computer you are calling about and blindfolded follow a
script.  They have made me remove the mini-pci cards from a laptop to troubleshoot a
broken fan!!  My experience is as recent as today - they dispatched service for a laptop
twice during the past three weeks and cancelled their service calls again.  The machine is
still broken.  Their business support is better but still far from great.

So - if you want good all around I would stay away from Dell - no matter what OS they install.

Ferdinand