[lug] Who sells good Linux computers?

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Fri Oct 1 13:52:06 MDT 2004

Jason Davis wrote:

> I have yet to find any company that offers good support ... at least no
> big company. I noticed you did not offer a alternative.
> So, once again , if you want good support and good hardware , I
> recommend LACLinux http://www.laclinux.com/en/Start

Our company has seen outstanding service through IBM's laptop support.
We build our own desktops to best meet the needs of our staff - and
because we happen to have an electronics department anyway.  This allows
us to get most hardware problems fixed in less than one hour.
However, we do purchase laptops.  We own a considerable number of IBM
T-Series laptops and about 10 Dell units.  You can call IBM anytime,
speak to a support person, and get the repair parts next day.  I have
yet to see this level of service from Dell.  IBM gives you good service
no matter how you purchased their unit.

Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Schmid