[lug] Wireless setup with FC 2, machine has builtin ethernet

Elyse M. Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Mon Oct 4 17:33:51 MDT 2004

My current laptop has a builtin ethernet connector and can accept a PCMCIA
wireless card. Previous laptops needed PCMCIA cards for both functions, so
there was never a conflict. But this configuration does not seem to be
connecting.
How do I set it up so that if it doesn't find a cable and the wireless card is
installed, it will try the wireless card? It seems to just stop after trying
the ethernet adaptor.

The drivers seem to be loading OK, and the RedhatNetwork widget says wlan0 is
OK. When I tell the widget to activate the  wireless connection it flashes a
box that may be an error message, too quickly to see what if anything is
being said, and nothing else happens. Nothing seems to show up
in /var/log/messages: is there anywhere else it might be going?

Do I need to re-order the init so that the network doesn't try to start until
after PCMCIA  is up?
--
Elyse Grasso

http://www.data-raptors.com    Computers and Technology