[lug] Hand Holding Needed

Mike Stanczyk stanczyk at pcisys.net
Tue Oct 5 21:55:20 MDT 2004

> Charlie Rose wrote:
>
> > I have a new laptop (Compaq Presario R3000, 1.6 MHz, 60 GB HD, 256 MB
>
> CLUE-North has an InstallFest on Saturday I believe -- that might be an
> excellent place to get direct assistance, especially since it's a laptop
> and portable!  ;-)

If you're up for some evening help:
<quote>
The Hacking Society, mostly a subset of BLUG people, meets once a week in
order to be social geeks instead of isolated geeks. Join the fun!

Date and time: All Thursday evenings at 7:00 PM except the second Thursday
of each month, when everyone is of course encouraged to attend the main
BLUG meeting.

Location: Cafe Sole, a coffee shop in the shopping center at Table Mesa and
 Broadway. Wireless networking (802.11b) is available, if you want to
bring your laptop. But laptops aren't required! Bring a HOWTO and a red pen,
 or even just show up to meet folks!
</quote>

Last week someone brought in a Win XP system so the linux install would be
a nice change of pace.

Mike