[lug] [OT] more gcc queries

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Sun Oct 10 20:08:15 MDT 2004

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 08:03:56PM -0600, Daniel Webb wrote:

> Can someone back me up, that gcc used to warn about mixing argument types
> without the extra silly stuff given by the -Wconvert option?
>
> Why isn't this option default any more?  What is the point of prototyping if
> your compiler doesn't tell you when you're going against the prototype?

(replying to myself again)

And -Wtraditional doesn't give the behavior I want either.  It gives:

test.c: In function `main':
test.c:5: warning: traditional C rejects ISO C style function definitions
test.c:7: warning: passing arg 1 of `f' as integer rather than floating due to
prototype

The second warning is what I want, but the first is not.  This is so annoying.

Daniel