[lug] "No keyboard attached, press F1 to continue" need advice/help

Paul E Condon pecondon at mesanetworks.net
Mon Oct 18 09:20:27 MDT 2004

"No keyboard attached, press F1 to continue" appears on boot up
on a computer that I am trying to set up headless. I've Googled
this and found advice that says to adjust the keyboard settings
in the bios, but I can't find anything in the bios of this
computer that seems to have anything to do with keyboard
settings. Are there some other words that are used to designate
this flag setting? Are there bioses that simply have no way
around this problem? Are there 'dongles' that plug into the
keyboard socket on the computer and fudge the existence of a
keyboard?

Suggestions?

--
Paul E Condon