[lug] Wireless router question (OT)

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Mon Oct 25 14:13:39 MDT 2004

On Monday 25 October 2004 13:41, Chip Atkinson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've gotten conflicting answers so I thought I'd ask here.
>
> Is it possible to have two wireless routers talk to each other?
> For example, if I have a Linksys WAP54G (running Linux so it's ever
> so slightly on topic :-)) connected to the DSL "modem", could I
> connect a computer to  another WAP54G and have the two talk?
>
> In ascii:
>
> --DSL--WAP54G .... (radio) .... WAP54G--Computer

I think it depends on the router.  If both are only capable of being
access points, the no, they can't connect.  If they can be configured
so that one of them is a client and one is an access point, or both
are bridges, then yes, they can connect.

I don't know anything about those particular routers -- but the
routers I have can do that.

Tim
== Timothy Klein || teece at silverklein.net
== Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings...