[lug] web based installs, FC2/KRUD

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Tue Oct 26 15:36:01 MDT 2004

Ok, I've done NFS based kickstart installs before, but never a purely
web based install. I have a 2nd machine with Apache on it, but NFS is
completely removed and I don't want to add it. Has anyone here ever
installed KRUD/FC2 or other redhat based from purely web pages? I'm
thinking somewhere I have seen an ability to tell it to read from an
http address. I'd like to do this using the CD to start the boot, and
then switch the CD to the other machine. My goal is to replace the CD
drive and use the web server on the other machine, but NOT a custom
install...I want to install just as if I were running from a CD
directly, other than the source being a web server. I can either use
that web server's CD rom drive, or pre-copy ISO's to the drive. I do not
consider NFS or TFTP an option, and so far my references show only tftp
and NFS options.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net