[lug] Attacks Intensifying

Jani Averbach jaa at jaa.iki.fi
Thu Oct 28 10:56:47 MDT 2004

On 2004-10-28 10:42-0600, Bill Thoen wrote:

> So far it's stood the test, but the barbarians keep beating on the walls
> anyway.

Well, I am heating up my oil pot, and hauling it to the top of my
walls.

Seriously, I have planned and sketched a system where we have a
(sshd/httpd) log analyzator, SQL database and firewall which is
updated based on incoming log in attempts. It also uses a white list
to ensure that you could log in, even if you have mistyped your
password.

Unfortunately I don't have anything really working at the moment.

Do you know if there is something similar already done?

BR, Jani

--
Jani Averbach