What to do about SSH attacks (was: Re: [lug] Attacks Intensifying)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Oct 29 18:33:41 MDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 07:52:10AM -0600, Bill Thoen wrote:
>I've been noticing ever more concerted attacks via ssh lately. The last
>two last night were from karp.ece.cmu.edu: 34 times, and 206.166.198.131:

Coincidentally, I just wrote something up on this in my journal:

   http://www.tummy.com/journals/entries/jafo_20041029_151145

We just launched the new tummy.com web site earlier this week and among
the things that it includes are Blogs or journals for us to publish
things in.  I'm trying to make one entry per day on things of interest.

Sean
--
 I didn't spend 6 years in evil medical school to be called *MISTER* Evil!
                 -- Dr. Evil, _Austin_Powers:_International_Man_of_Mystery_