[lug] evolution signature script

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Nov 4 20:19:17 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 14:39, Jason Davis wrote:
> Hello,
>  I tryed making a signature script for evolution using perl. Evolution
> will not use the perl script , when i try , the new mail i create does
> not get a signature. However if i use bash script it works just fine.

http://www.ximba.org/musesig/musesig.html

You can make an RPM out of it.  It allows random quote generation from a
preset list of quotes (which you can change to your hearts content).  I
use it in cron to generate my .sig quotes for evolution using the --sig
option:

4,19,34,49 * * * * muse-sig.pl --sig
/home/mjhammel/evolution/signatures/signature-2 2>&1 > /dev/null

You just need to tell it which sig file to write to.

Disclaimer:  I wrote it.  :-)  If you have problems getting it built
into an RPM or installed and running, let me know (or post a bug to the
bug db - http://www.ximba.org/bugs/index.php).
--
Michael J. Hammel           | Kermit: "At the next fork in the road, bear left."
The Graphics Muse           | Fozzy: "Right frog".  Kermit:  "What?"