[lug] Developer abuse

Dean Brissinger Dean.Brissinger at vexcel.com
Fri Nov 12 12:03:37 MST 2004

Neat.  Seen any articles that are more general though?  This is an
article about EA.  What about the thousands of other businesses that
share similar practices.  Those CEOs will dismiss this as "Oh, that's
EA's problem not mine.

Better yet, a pitfalls of programming article that could be a guideline
to further the humanitarian effort around the tech field.  I know as a
Systems Admin (I'm not a programmer) that it is a requirement to leave a
job after 2 years or else it HURTS to say there.  This is because you
are not seen as a valuable asset to a company.  Rather, I am another
replaceable thing.  Like a new keyboard.

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 11:35, Mike Stanczyk wrote:
> Some of us were talking before the meeting about how developers are
> abused in today workplace.
>
> http://www.livejournal.com/users/ea_spouse/274.html
>
> Mike

   Dean J. Brissinger              303-583-0278 (Direct)
   Senior Systems Administrator    303-583-0200 (Main)
                                   303-583-0246 (Fax)

        Dean.Brissinger at vexcel.com * www.vexcel.com
       1690 38th Street * Boulder,  CO * 80301 * USA