[lug] advice for scripting modem....

Jason Davis mohadib at openactive.org
Thu Nov 18 10:34:40 MST 2004

Hello,
 My company connects to other companies via a modem and transfers files
with zmodem. We have scripted this with perl and minicom. However , it
does not work in cron. We have researched and hacked to try to get this
working in cron , but we still have had no luck.

 So, I am seeking advice on how to do this correctly. Should I script
another dialer program? Does anyone know of a pkg or lib that will let
me do this easily using perl,java or php? I would prefer a less hackish
approach.

TIA,
jd