[lug] FC2 LVM deactivation during boot

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Fri Nov 19 14:09:39 MST 2004

I'm trying to deactivate the attempt by LVM to open LVM volumes during
boot, as I don't have any. However, I want to keep the ability as I'm
experimenting. I just don't want it to use or attempt to use LVM during
boot. Attempts at using /etc/lvm/lvm.conf have failed I still get a boot
time failure message. It also is not part of /etc/rc.d/init.d/, I grep'd
for caseless match of "lvm" nothing references lvm. No services file
suggests it is a service I can disable with chkconfig.

LVM activation messages started showing up after I created a RAID0
partition, but I've not used any command other than mkraid and toggling
partitions that compose the RAID device to autodetect (persistent
superblock, I intend to use it as a root device).

How do I disable LVM during boot without removing LVM (LVM2 since it is
FC2)?

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net