[lug] Strange Apache VirtualHost behavior

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Nov 23 10:59:18 MST 2004

David Morris wrote:
[...]
> Hmm, looks like the changes I made fixed some browsers but
> not others.  After a bit of experimentation I've found it
> works properly on IE 5.5 and Mozilla 1.7.3 on Windows, but
> does *not* work on Firefox 1.0 on Windows or Mozilla 1.7.3
> on Debian Linux.
>
> Anyone know of a way to view HTTP headers sent by a browser
> to apache?

I looked yesterday with IE 6 and it was broke (redirected to the 404
page).  Today it works (redirects to add the slash at the end).

Ethereal is probably the easiest way to see the network traffic but the
server can probably log the headers as well.

The behavior you're seeing may be due to the browser showing you a
cached page rather than re-GETting it.

Dave