[lug] CVS temporary files

Brad Doctor bdoctor at ps-ax.com
Tue Nov 23 11:06:35 MST 2004

On the client side, you need to set the CVS_SERVER variable:

bash:

export CVS_SERVER=cvs -T(path to larger tmp directory)

tcsh:

setenv CVS_SERVER 'cvs -T(path to larger tmp directory)'

Test it by checking out a large module and do an ls on the newly specified
directory - there should be a directory there while the checkout is occuring.

I don't know how to do this on the server side when using a different transport
such as ssh (CVS_RSH=/usr/bin/ssh) - but I did try this out and it works when
the client-side variables above are set.

-brad

> Brad wrote:
>
> > On the CVS server, add the '-T' switch and specify a location other
> > than /tmp.
>
> Hmm, where does the -T switch go?  I'm using SSH to connect from
> clients, so I'm not running pserver or anything in (x)inetd.  I suppose
> that means the clients must individually set -T in their connection
> options?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Brad Doctor, CISSP